Saturday 11 October 2014

Current Beauty Favourites

















I'm too late for a September favourites, so I thought I'd just do a quick Current Beauty favourites post to fill the gap! I've recently rediscovered a couple of things and been enjoying some new purchases so here they are:

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette
I'll be honest I've not been wearing much eyeshadow at all recently, I just can't be bothered at 6am! When I have been wearing it though, I've been reaching for this palette more than anything else. It's just so beautiful and easy to work with. There's no fall-out from any of the shades either even the glitter which is really impressive. It works for day and night and I'm just obsessed with it!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation 
I picked this up in Boots a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday. It's a perfect medium-coverage foundation with amazing lasting power. It doesn't last 25 hours on me, but I find it lasts a good 10 or 12 with a bit of powder. It's a very natural finish, and I have the lightest shade which is a perfect match for me. I'd really recommend it and have been reaching for it much more than my usual high-end foundations recently.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer 
I've used this before and repurchased it with the foundation as there was an offer on in Boots at the time. It's a great concealer and I find it to look much more natural than the collection lasting perfection one. It's really easy to apply and blend and it works really well with the foundation.

Vaseline Pink Champagne
I love the scent of this! It's not as moisturising as the NUXE Reve de miel which I usually use, but I've really been enjoying switching it up a bit recently. I bought this last year and it was limited edition but they'll probably re-release it or something similar this year. It's nice and moisturising and works well under lipgloss and things too.

Benefit They're Real liner
This is a little trial-size that I got in London when I purchased the mascara. I've only just recently opened it, so it's early days yet but it's just so easy to apply that it needed a mention! It's a gel liner in a pen-style applicator and is basically foolproof. If you're scared of eyeliner or just want something thats less faff and super quick and easy, I'd recommend trying this!

NARS Loose setting powder
I used to use this all the time with my NARS sheer glow foundation, which I haven't used in a little while, but it works so nicely with the Rimmel foundation. I just find it to be a really natural, undetectable power that just does a great job. It's a bit messy but I find the loose powder just blends a bit more evenly and looks more natural. It does come in a pressed version, but I haven't tried that one so I can't really compare it!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend so far, I'm just waiting for my video footage to import so that I can start editing the two hauls I have coming up for you this week! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment